Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Starting...

Summer is here, the days are long, and things continue to grow & change in my garden… 


My slowest Honeysuckle is finally producing her blooms… this is a progression over the last several days:


First bloom cluster to start opening...

A couple days later...

More bloom clusters started forming...

A few days later they started opening as well...


As you can tell from the last picture I'm getting more of my brick edging put in… it will take all Summer…


My Red Current bush has been producing fruit, its still small enough this year that I'm not trying to harvest the fruit for any particular use…




This Phlox is starting to bloom despite being eaten vigorously by the local bunnies (all her bottom leaves are gone), hoping she fills back out again...





The plants on the deck, herbs & peppers, seem to like their location… its shady in these shots, but it was early in the morning… this is a relatively sunny location for these sun-loving ladies...


Love my Deck!!

Hope these girls (plants) love it too...

View of lower deck & woods from
upper deck (shaker porch)...


I guess I should have expected trouble… I had put a little cage around a new Aster that had been slightly nibbled… the other hadn't been bothered, and then… argh!!  She now also has a cage & I'm hoping she bounces back… frustrating… naughty bunnies!!


Slightly nibbled & caged Aster...

Nearly obliterated cousin… now also in a cage… grr!!!


Some local wildlife… on my plants but not doing enough damage for me to chase them off…


Pretty moth landed on a bush...

Dragonfly (big guy) eating a leaf on a Honeysuckle...


Finally, one of my Hostas is starting to bloom…




Until next time, keep growing strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment