Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Much Needed Trim

I finally got started in the gardens today, the weatherman had said it would be in the 70s, the weatherman lied, it was in the 40s for most of the day… Brrr!!  So instead of drinking iced Crystal Light while working, I was drinking hot Crystal Light (it works well for the citrusy flavors).


The weatherman is saying 70s for tomorrow… um… uh-huh… I'll believe it when I feel it!!


Tall Grasses have been cut down.
Despite the colder-than-expected temps it was a good day to get outside and get some much needed trimming done.  The tall grasses have all been cut down (they stayed pretty all through winter this year), and several bushes have been trimmed.  I  can clearly see my neighbor's house across the street from my front porch, at least until the leaves fill in and the grasses grow back up - that won't be long. I still need to split the tall grass clumps, they're getting too big (the largest is about 2 1/2 feet in diameter), and with Jeff's help I now know how (a Sawzall is a wonderful contraption).



The plants are getting anxious to be uncovered and are peeking up more and more… here are some pics from the yard today… and yes, I pulled up the baby trees in the photos, they come in all over the garden this time of year & are a menace.


Geranium

Cedum

Salvia

Baby Trees (Elm?)

Veronica

Delphinum

Woods… budding out well!

Baby Tree (Maple)

Bee Balm (I think)




No comments:

Post a Comment