Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sprinter… not what we wanted...

If you're wondering why I haven't posted in a while, just take a look at this…


That's right, that's what it's like outdoors in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota… We've had 6 days straight of "Wintery Mix" (Snow, Sleet, Rain, etc)…. Rotten to drive in, and doesn't work well for gardening either…  Normally by now I'd be well into clean-up & mulching… we're getting a really late start this year!!  Good thing I didn't start seedlings, I'd have no place to put them because they'd be overgrowing the tiny area in the house that I have for them...


So, I'm a gardener without a garden… and like the birds I'm thinking that it should have been Spring already (migratory ones are already coming back), but instead we're calling it "Sprinter" - a winter that extends well into spring… doesn't happen frequently, but not unknown in these parts.  Personally, I wish Spring would just come home - I'm tired of waiting for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment