Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away…

… but then again it could be snowing… so go ahead & Rain!!

I'm still 1 day away from finishing my Spring Cleanup.  When the weather's been nice I've been busy...  When I haven't been busy its been raining… yep, the usual…

Things keep growing despite my unfinished cleanup work… so here's the latest photos of interesting things in the yard…


Wouldn't you know, an Oriole was at the suet & I couldn't find my camera…


These pics of the Oriole are brought to you by my iPhone… not nearly as good at a distance but still better than not catching him at all… Oriole's are a rarity at my house - I'm too far from water...


This is a few days ago… the leaves are getting dense in the back woods...


Still my back woods… my path to my cutting piles…


My Creeping Phlox is starting to bloom...


I love her delicate little flowers...


The whole area is starting to really green-up…


Torrential Rain & Jeff Spotted something….


A zoomed in look...


A better angle...This squirrel had found a dry place during the torrent and was clinging to the tree until the hard rain had passed...


This pond formed during the rain storm...


This little Red Winged Blackbird (I believe by the markings its a juvenile male) must have been blown off course by the storm… I guess he decided our temporary pond was as good as any (teenagers!)...


It rained some more… and the pond kept filling...


And some of my mulch got pushed around because it was such a heavy downpour!!


That's an awful lot of water under the Oak trees….


My violets continue to bloom...


And my Lilac blooms are just starting to open… I'm so excited for this!!

That's all from my gardens… I hope to be out in them again once this rainy spell is past.

No comments:

Post a Comment