Monday, September 24, 2012

Changes & Critters & Close Calls...

As you can "C" things are still Chugging along in my gardens… We've had quite a bit of Cool weather already, but these guys are hanging in there…  We had temps in the 30s one night, with a frost warning, so out I went with sheets to cover the vegetables (Tomatoes, Tomatillos, Bell Peppers) in hopes I can get more out of them before the season is completely over…. here's how my garden is growing these days...


This is my typically massive Sedum, not so massive since I cut it in 1/4s 2 years in a row, finally reasonably sized… but WOW the color this year is amazing!! Much more intense than its ever been before...


Along the path to the front door I still have several blooming friends...


Out on the mound I have more blooming friends...


More on the mound...


And more...


And more...


Have I mentioned its a big mound?


Final mound pic… :)


Kitty all tucked in keeping warm while she keeps me company in the front yard...


Leaves on the Ninebark changing color...


Another Ninebark pic...


My Bell Peppers are hoping to grow up someday… (please, please,…)


My Bumper-Crop of Tomatillos is still hanging around, we think they look like little Japanese paper lanterns...


Another Beefsteak tomato headed for a homemade soup or spaghetti sauce… Mmmm!!


Even the Annuals are still blooming strong...


Another Annual going strong...


My Hardy Hibiscus decided she had one more bloom left in her...


Leave changing on a Honeysuckle...


Honeysuckle leaves again...


Decorative Grasses continue to get "fuzzier"...


The one Russian Sage I decided to let stay in the yard is still blooming like crazy...


The woods are looking yellower & thinner each day…

I Love Fall, I wish it lasted longer here in Minnesota, but while its here I plan on enjoying it as much as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment