Thursday, September 27, 2012

In my Garden & Neighborhood...

We are having a very dry season, as is much of the Midwest… being at the Northern end of the Midwest we're not in quite as severe a drought, but I can honestly say I've never seen it so dry!!  My lawn is green, but I have a sprinkler system… my neighbors are all brown & crunchy :(


I'm just loving this newcomer to the garden this year, a Beardtongue, she's putting up lots of beautiful shoots of pretty bright pink flowers.


Same plant, she started with a single shoot at the middle of the season when she was planted… you've come a long way baby!!


After being viciously attacked by bunnies shortly after being newly planted in my garden mid-Summer I'm surprised this Aster even survived (thank you Deer Scram!), now she's just blooming like crazy!


This guy was just hanging around on my screen door on the back deck, isn't he a beauty?


Some trees in the area are putting out nice color… its not looking to be a really colorful Fall here, but I thought I'd share a few pictures anyway… Enjoy!!





That's all for now… I need to go water my flowers before they dry up on me…

No comments:

Post a Comment