Monday, October 15, 2012

A little color still remains...

It was a pretty day today, nice enough for a walk outside without a jacket (it won't last long)… though the color here is way past "peak" there are still some nice trees around… you'll notice the lawns are all brown - most people here don't bother with Sprinkler systems because we usually don't need them to stay green most of the time, not this year!



The tree above is in a park a couple blocks from home, even it has a brown lawn...



I went out of my way to get a picture of the tree above… it especially looks pretty with the blue sky in the background!



Back to my own yard, and I'm still finding some pretty colors, but on a smaller scale… like my little Day Lilies (which have finally stopped blooming).



The leaves on my Honeysuckle are colorful...


Leaves on my Spirea (medium sized variety)...


More Spirea leaves…

That's it… not a whole lot to write about in the gardens these days…

No comments:

Post a Comment