Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Cool Spell...

This week was good for getting out into the yard & pulling things back into shape…

This cute little moth/butterfly reminded me of a fighter jet the way its
wings were configured as it sat on a Salvia bloom… my Salvia are
continuing to bloom since I'm keeping them dead-headed.

My large Weigela is continuing to grow & fill in, she's new as of last Summer & still not
to her expected full size but progressing nicely.  She's also decided to put out another set
of blooms…..

She's not blooming as heavily as her first bloom of the season, but her blooms continue
to be beautiful hues of pink...

My Hibiscus is getting huge this year, he's also a relative newcomer, and
he's going to put out a bumper-crop of blooms this year! :)

This Mallow surprised me, she'd had blooms when I planted her &
subsequently dropped all her blooms… I thought she was done…
boy was I wrong!!  She was just taking a little rest before her 2nd round...

My Beardtongue also surprised me…  The bloom-shoot had flowered & died off…
I had no idea the same shoot could/would reflower…. and she's come back a brighter
color than her original flowering… I'm going to have to get used to her behavior...
So my gardens are looking better now that they've been cleaned up a bit again… now I'm already thinking about which plants need to be moved/replaced next season… I've got some troublemakers that need to be dealt with & some things that just don't "fit" their spaces… always more to do in my yard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment