Monday, July 23, 2012

Moving right along...

Things are moving along at a fast pace this year, I'm amazed how much of the growing season is already past!!


This guy was moving a little too quickly for me to get out my camera, or even to get a good pic with my phone (he was a quite vibrant red)… but he was such a delight I just had to "capture the moment"…   This male Cardinal was flitting between my oaks & the feeder as I was running the sprinkler in that area, he was taking a shower & having breakfast at the same time, how efficient!!


My Hibiscus, my late bloomer, has finally started putting out blooms… Wow…


These blooms are huge!!  I sometimes forget how big they get…


Detail on the Hibiscus…


My Royal Cape Plumbago had stopped blooming shortly after I got her (new plant), but she's started blooming again :)  I just love these pretty blue bloom clusters…


My Pentas Graffiti Violet is growing & blooming like crazy…


My Rose Glow Landmark is also continuing to bloom nicely…


These are my Tomatillos, the ones I started from seeds, they're finally taking off… and they're taking off!!


What's that on the base of my Oak Tree?


Could it be?  Do I perhaps have a new resident in the yard?


No… its just me being a little silly :)  This would have stirred my imagination as a kid, and the kid inside just couldn't resist :)

Happy Gardens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment