Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saturday in the garden...

Hubby had to work on Saturday… and I was under the weather, so I didn't have the energy or desire to put in more brick edging (still lots more to go… wondering if it will get completed this season)… I did get outside in the garden, simply to enjoy what's growing/blooming/changing…

Delphinium
I've had this Delphinium for a few years now, but this year I didn't think it was going to come back…

Delphinium close-up
It initially put out a few leaves, which subsequently got nibbled by a local bunny…



So I put a little fence around it put out a few more leaves… and stalled…



It had been in the midst of some California Poppies which had taken over that area, I decided to pull the Poppies because I didn't like their aggressive behavior (I'll container some next time)…


At that time I almost pulled up this lady, but I decided to let her go for a while… and she bounced back to life!!  Now she happily shares her little plot of the yard with some Tomatoes & Tomatillos I'm trying to grow from seed...


This is my well-nibbled Phlox, she's decided to start blooming again… the Deer Scram I put around her seems to be keeping her from getting nibbled further :)


My Kalanchoe continues to put out more blooms, she seems to like being promoted from houseplant to garden plant.


I put out a non-melt Suet Cake & guess who came to visit… I took this picture from quite a distance & zoomed way in with my little digital camera - not the greatest picture but I like capturing the moment :)


I captured (on pictures only) another fluttery friend visiting the Liatris, she let me take several pictures, I'll let you peruse & enjoy….









Until next time…




No comments:

Post a Comment