Thursday, August 16, 2012

Movin' & Shakin'

Never one to just leave things alone...  I decided to do away with some troublesome plants & put in some new things... besides, Perennials are inexpensive right now & its a good time to get things into the garden & established before the season is over... so I bought a few new plants...


Then I went through the process of removing troublemakers... There were multiple Liatris which were poorly located, and no good locations to move them to, so away they went... not to worry, still have a couple in the garden where they work well!  The Russian Sage on my Mound had decided to try to invade all the surrounding land... lets just say I've won the war, there is no more Russian Sage on the Mound; however, I still have one nice large specimen left in another part of the gardens... Now on to the new friends...


I wanted more Bee Balm, this one is a deeper red than my other one & on the opposite side of the mound... this should appease my Bumble Bees who are mourning the loss of their Russian Sage...


Another Phlox, this is a nice tall specimen with larger-than-usual blooms... love the color too!  I have 4 other new Phlox that I planted as well... just don't have pictures to show this time...


Then there is the new Beardtongue specimen, its got a very pretty Bright Pink color...


Also new is a low-to-the-ground variety of Campanula, I already had a Purple variety, so I got a White specimen this time...


Finally, now that I've figured out how to keep them from being eaten (Deer Scram), I got one more Aster - I already had Purple & Pink, this one is White... she'll be blooming soon!!

I also moved several plants that I'd tried out in the side yard (Phlox, Beardtongue, Jacob's Ladder, Mallow, and Obedient Plan) into places in the garden where I'd removed some naughty plants... but seeing that I'm having trouble with my Mac I'm keeping my photos to a minimum (working on my iPad & having to blog in an unconventional manner)... Well that's the latest plantings....


No comments:

Post a Comment