Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hope is flourishing...

I blogged a while back about some unexpected overnight freezes, and we did get a bit of damage, but things seem to have survived - in fact just about everything is bouncing back nicely…


My Oak trees have put forth more leaves, these are in front of my house & I really didn't want them suffering extensive damage, so except for one branch on one of the two trees they're looking pretty good… I'll just have to trim off that branch later in the year (unless it decides to come back)…






My Tulips are finally opening up… so they didn't suffer from the weather, it just slowed them down a bit… and the ROUSs (deer) didn't munch them down to the ground either :)




My Strawberries are blooming nicely… hoping for a crop that doesn't get consumed by slugs this year…






This Creeping Phlox is showing off… must have liked the temps in the 70s the last couple days (today only in the 50s - but nice gardening weather)…






My Smoke Bush is putting out lots of new leaves, so the damage done was not devastating, I just hope he'll bloom nicely despite the trouble he's had…






This little Weigela is looking pretty beat up, not sure why it suffered so much (it's bigger cousin didn't have much trouble at all)… but at least it has lots of new life spring forth.




The only thing in my garden still giving me pause (other than my Hibiscus which never does much until Summer) is my Lilac… is she going to leaf out & are her blooms going to open… only time will tell…



No comments:

Post a Comment