Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hope Springs after the Freeze

We had a couple nights with freezing temperatures over the last week, and there is damage… but there is also hope… the damage appears to be limited, and things are beginning to bloom!!


Damaged young leaves on one of my Oak trees.
A couple of my oak trees that are more exposed have some damage, but there are also young leaves with no damage… and its early enough that they should be fine later in the season (crossing fingers & saying a prayer).


Lilac Leaves, a bit of damage.
My Lilac is a bit later than my the rest in the area, and the leaves have a bit of damage, but the blooms… 


Lilac blooms, getting ready to open...
The blooms, at least the ones the deer haven't eaten, they still look pretty good… :)


Minimal leaf damage on my Weigela


My Weigela has only minimal damage (phew)!!


Violets… one of my earliest bloomers!!
For some reason I still don't know what this plant is called… but its blooming (one of my early bloomers)…


Creeping Phlox
My creeping phlox is blooming - yeah!!


Damage on Smoke Bush leaves...
My Smoke Bush seems to have been injured, but still has some young leaves that are ok, and lots of buds that haven't opened yet…


California Poppy
My California Poppies are coming back up… I didn't know if they would… this is a pleasant surprise!!


Daffodil opening...
My Daffodils are beginning to bloom (mine are late)… 


All in all I'm pretty happy with my garden so far, hoping for more blooming days ahead…



No comments:

Post a Comment